Saturday, May 9, 2009

What Happens in Vegas.....

G and I celebrated 10 years of marriage in the most romantic place in the world - Vegas! Just kidding. It was a blast, however! Our first vacay sans kiddos and we had a great time. We stayed at Mandalay Bay, which I highly recommend. I haven't been that relaxed in a very long time! We hung out by the fabulous pool all day, got cleaned up, then headed out for dinner/gambling/a show every night. What a life! We had some AMAZING dinners (Mix - 64 stories above the strip with a great view and food, Strip Steak - awesome food and cool atmosphere) and saw incredible shows. Zumanity by Cirque de Soleil which was fantastic, and Criss Angel, which would have been disappointing if not for the price - free. Needless to say, Momma and Daddy were able to cut loose and relive some younger days. I simply got stupid our last night there as I'm such a light-weight! But it was a good stupid. G hasn't seen me drunk in such a long time, he thought it was great! At one point I forgot which casino I was in! In my defense, they do all look the same from the tables. I spent one morning at the spa (enough said) while G entered a poker tournie (he came in 4th and the first payout was 3rd). All in all, we almost broke even - not to shabby! This was all made possible by my Mom, who flew in from Ohio a little early to stay with my monkeys. Things were going swimmingly until T developed yet another cold and had spend Saturday at Children's ER. Thankfully my friend April was able to take Kealan while Mom could concentrate on T. After some bloodwork and a prescription, he has now recovered, though I feel he is at his breaking point with cabin fever!
Not a great picture, but the only one of us in Vegas!

Best $11 spent in Vegas!

Dad flew in a few days later just in time to celebrate his birthday with us. Mom's was a week earlier while we were away, so we tackled both at once. Happy birthday, Mom and Dad, we love you and THANK YOU!

Finally, a "thank you" to my dear hubby, who utterly spoiled me for our 10th anniversary. It was a piece of heaven at the end of an extremely difficult month and I loved every moment. Though not as much as I love you - Happy Anniversary!

No comments: