Our family has been watching the progress on the new Penguin Habitat at the zoo since it began, and Kealan begs every time we go if we can see them yet. Finally! We went to the member preview with Mom and Dad and it is AWESOME! What a great home for a Humboldt Penguin. Not only is it a great place to watch them, it looks like fun! They've even made it very environmentally friendly, including constructed wetlands to filter the water naturally, geothermic-heated water, and porous cement to re-absorb rainwater.
Nose-to-beak
I've realized something about myself this week due to Tiernan's mimicking me. He has begun saying "beep beep" every time there is an obstacle of any kind between him and his goal. Apparently I say this all day as I'm making my way through my mob at my knees. How can two make a mob, you may ask? I don't know, but I am constantly wading through those two! So now Tiernan is perpetually "beep beep"-ing at EVERYTHING.

No comments:
Post a Comment