Much to Kealan's dismay, ballet lessons are over for the moment. I say "for the moment" because she enjoyed these more than anything else in her life right now, and we'll be enrolling in another session very soon. She simply lit up at the thought of them! Though for now we're concentrating on swimming lessons for both T and K. Kealan loves playing in pools, however she is so fearful of learning to swim and getting her face wet. The progress is slow-going, but there nonetheless. Tiernan, we found out, is an absolute water-baby. He adores the pool, including going under the water and his favorite is jumping in with pure abandon! It will be extremely important to teach this kid to swim well - he simply can't be held back when around a pool! We've resorted to confining him in his stroller while Kea has her lesson immediately after his.

Funny K stories:
While we were in the car, K was browsing through a catalogue and happened upon a Little Tykes Playhouse. She declared that she wanted one for her room. After informing her that there wasn't enough room for it in her room, she replied, "There is if you take my bed out." Hard to argue with logic like that!
Again, while in the car, K decided she wanted to buy a stuffed Buster (from My Friends Tigger and Pooh) at the Disney Store. She receives an allowance now, on the condition she cleans her playroom and bedroom each night. I told her that she had spent her money and didn't have any left. She would need to save some first. "I want to buy Buster without money." I replied, "That's called stealing" (or credit, but that's a discussion for later!) "OK then, I want to steal Buster."
And the Saga of the Knock Knock Jokes continues. Two new ones, including T's first:
T:Knock, knock/ Who's there?/ Beep Beep/ Beep Beep who?/ Whoa! (can you tell that it's an absolute original?)
K:Knock knock/ Who's there?/ Grinch/ Grinch who?/ Grinch eating a zebra. To which I responded, "The Grinch doesn't eat zebras! She stated, "He does for lunch if they're dead!"

While Kealan was at school, Tiernan was watching a show while I worked. It got very quiet, and he simply passed out face-down on the couch!
No comments:
Post a Comment