
For Father's day we gave my dad a tour of
Safeco Field. When Mom, Dad, G and I went to Boston 7 years ago, we took a tour of
Fenway Park and it took us this long to get the tour of
Safeco! We used our October date night and instead had a date day so we could enjoy it sans kiddos. What a gorgeous day! We were joined by a couple visiting from Boston, and they were amazed at how beautiful it was. Our tour guide advised them to keep our Pacific Northwest Secret and tell everyone that it rained when they got home. It was rad being there when the stadium was devoid of people and activity.

View from the 100 level concourse

We visited the Press Box, Mariner's Suite, Visitor's
Locker room, and the Mariner's Dugout.

Home Base from the
Kingdome 1995

The time-lapse photo mural in the suite of The Moment in 1995

The framed crater in the wall in the Press Box

Major League urinals

Me and G in the locker room

Mom and Dad

Headed through the tunnel onto the field


I'm sitting in
Ichiro's "hot seat"!
G and I had actually visited the dugout before. Several seasons ago I won a visit there at a game during Fan Appreciation Night. Before we went out this time, the tour guide warned us NOT TO PICK UP THE PHONE. Flashback to that night, we did not receive this warning and the first thing G did was pick up the phone. All it did was ring, but boy, did he get a scolding!
Even though I've been there countless times, including the Opening Game, we learned so much and had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment