Thursday, November 29, 2007

Visit with O'ma, Pumbaa, and Santa!


Friday night was movie night again! Mom and Dad were staying with Jeff and Joelle, so we popped the corn, made the strawberry milk, and watched Cars (George's pick since he had never seen it). I was so excited because Mom and Dad came over to stay with us on Saturday and George and I had our first date since April! Looooooong overdue! I finally got to eat at Pen Thai in Bothell, one of George's favorite joints. So GOOD! I can't even tell you - soooo gooooood. I'll leave it at that. Afterward we went Christmas shopping for the kiddos, which was another treat because George has never been in one buying the gifts for Kealan. He had so much fun! He found a kazillion things for her and Tiernan, even insisting that Tiernan needed his first Batman action figure. He decided that as long as we didn't give him the tiny pieces, all would be well. Well, I vetoed that!

A small milestone in the life of Kealan - with Pumbaa's help, she winked for the first time on Sunday!

Monday we all visited Santa at Alderwood Mall. I call him Jammie Santa, because the kids visit him in Jammies. Kealan visited him for the fist time on her first and second Christmases, though we felt she had outgrown being able to go to the mall in her jammies the last two years. So this year was Tiernan's first visit with Jammie Santa, and Kealan wore a little dress. She even told him what she wanted and introduced him to Anka, her bunny. This was also the day that Tiernan first rolled over.* I use the asterisk because he did it on our bed, on a downhill slope into George! He has yet to do it on his own - he keeps catching himself with his arm before he can get all of the way over, despite my cheerleading!
Tiernan and Jammie Santa (I know they're dark, they are pictures of pictures. You get the idea.)




Kea when she was 1



Kealan's first visit with Jammie Santa


Another movie night on Tuesday and a great dinner as well! Mom and Dad made us some steaks on a new grill/griddle they bought us! How spoiled are we? Thank you, Mom and Dad! They also treated us to Ratatouille, which we had been wanting. Cute movie! This time Kea enjoyed pink milk on her own and we all had virgin mojitos with our popcorn!

Tiernan and Pumbaa


Tiernan and O'ma


Yet another example of a delayed food experience for Kea - her first ice cream cone. Yes, it's true. The first time in a cone. I'm so ashamed! She of course loved it. Kea has yet to meet a treat she doesn't like. As soon as she does, I'm recording it!

"You gotta LICK it, Mama!"

MMMM, so good!

This morning had another first - Tiernan had something other than breastmilk. We tested out formula, and though he didn't have a bad reaction, he's been spitting up more today, so we'll wait and see. Our fun visit with Mom and Dad came to an end this morning, as they left to spend the last part of their visit with The Lillies (what we call Jeff and Joelle's family). Kea always has a hard time the day after they leave when she realizes they're gone. It's going to be Easter before we see them again and it's always too long until we do!

1 comment:

April said...

very cute Santa pics!