Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Something new for my resume!

Well today my friend April had surgery, and due to that, she couldn't breastfeed her baby, Grady. Now, if you read my entry a few weeks ago, you know that this might be a problem for him. April's mom is in town to help out and tried in vain all day to feed that boy, with bottles shaped like boobs, syringes, everything. She ended up calling me in desperation at 1 :30 today to see if I could try to breastfeed him again. Apparently he was hungry enough this time and ate as long as he could stay awake! Poor thing hadn't eaten since 5 am and had been making himself very tired with all of the screaming. When Grady paid me a second visit in the evening, George came up with the idea that I could earn a little extra money for the family as a wetnurse! I'm pretty sure he was kidding!


George's mom and her fiance, Jay came to visit this Saturday, much to Kealan's delight. Jay is a great playmate for her - he takes her orders very well and is up for anything! Grandma coming over is always a treat, as almost anything goes with her! Tiernan marked the day by discovering that his 1st 2 fingers are great to suck on. He still hasn't found that thumb. I sucked my thumb until I was at least 6, so I figured one of my kids would inherit it - maybe not! We just may break the thumb-sucking cycle!

1 comment:

April said...

Thanks again for helping Grady out. You have no idea how much it means to me that you were there for him (& I).