Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We started a new(though not original) tradition in our house, movie night. For the inaugural movie night, my mom was able to join us, but George was not due to Boy's Night (poker night with his buds). He won in both tournaments, 1st place in one, 2nd in the other, and even gave me a cut (how sweet is he?). That was good, because I had just spent the evening before at my neighbor, Beth's, purse party. Needless to say, one followed me home! Because they aren't "authentic", we were pronouncing their names with a little twist: Goosey, Coke, Kate Spah-day, and Pray-dah (mine). Anyway, movie night entails the given movie, popcorn and pink milk. Now, we're a little slow on some things in this house, and it was Kealan's first popcorn! She of course loves it, and pink milk is strawberry milk which she also adores, as do I. This week the feature was The Lion King. Kealan has yet to see the scene in which Mufasa dies, partly for her protection and partly for mine! I simply can't bear to watch it!
Saturday was my annual Christmas Shopping Day with Mom and Joelle. Tiernan hung out with us girls for the first part of the day and was just a doll, and I dropped him off with George for the second part. It was a great time with lots of laughing and snorting, courtesy of my sis!
We started Thanksgiving with a call from my Mother-in-law, Jeanne, saying that she and her fiance Jay were headed to Reno to get married! We're so excited for them! Congratulations! My Dad, Pumbaa, flew in Wednesday night, so we reunited with him on Thanksgiving at Jeff and Joelle's house. It was a great day, with awesome food and even better company! They always do such a great job. It was tough, however, with Tiernan not eating normally and not taking a nap all day, and Kealan testing every boundary possible! I always remind myself that this will prove to be a strength for her in the long run, however trying now. It will only help her to be the strong woman I know she will become! But my family is so tolerant and understanding, it made it much easier. Thank you, Jeff and Joelle, for a wonderful time!

TTiernan and his Uncle Jeff


Kealan's new buddy, "Pink Cookie Red FurBear"


Tiernan has outgrown this M's outfit, so I had to take a pic one last time!



Cousin Mara and Tiernan

No comments: