Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How Many Lives Does A Sticky Frog Have?

I know this isn't the most aesthetically pleasing toy, but Kealan loves it. Quick backstory: When Mom was here babysitting me when I was huge-pregnant with Tiernan and G was out of town last June, she bought K a 4 pack of sticky frogs. You know the kind - really cheap for party favors. Well, K grew to love these little things as they disintegrated before her eyes. I can't remember exactly what happened to "Pink" and "Blue", but "Purple" and "Orange" lasted a LONG time. Purple (missing all of her extremities) recently passed on to the great vacuum container in the sky - it was simply too nasty in there to dig her out. Orange, on the other hand, is still going strong. This thing is almost a year old and it's still kickin'. She is missing her tongue, front legs, and the lower back legs, but K's love doesn't fade!

This week we discovered that T officially has a lovey. For the past few months I have been letting him sleep with Blanket Pooh (a square of blanket with a stuffed Winnie the Pooh head in the center) and another small buddy, usually Baby (a baby's first baby doll). A few days ago we went to MOPS and I brought Blanket Pooh in the hopes he would take a snooze during the meeting. No such luck, but we managed to drop BP a few times, including once in the parking lot, so in the wash he went. No big thing - we've done it many times, or so I thought! That afternoon nap he refused to go to sleep or even settle down, and after a long time of rocking, finally passed out for about 30 minutes. That night he also wouldn't settle down, and after an hour of rocking with no results, I snagged BP out of the dryer and took it to him. I was telling myself that if this was all due to BP's absence, it was a monster that I created. I secretly hoped that he wouldn't calm down immediately with BP, but lo and behold, it was instantaneous! T was asleep. Needless to say, I went out on Sunday and got a back-up BP, just in case. T is also teething like a madman right now. He's been working on his top incisors for a long time, but he is beginning to get really fussy about it. K dealt with teething much better, but then she also had all four by 9 months.

A few cute stories starring K this week:
She declared (as usual) that we all had roles in her pretend world. This time I was Adam, K was Eve, Daddy was Jesus, and T was God. Talk about a big role to fill!

Lately, whenever we ask her why she's done something (ie; wearing her glasses upside down, piling every single toy on her floor, not wearing pants, etc.) she exclaims, "That's how I roll!"

And lastly, Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms in my life. I couldn't have been blessed with a better Mom or Mom-in-law, and how they enrich my life and my family's life is immeasurable. We love you, Mom and Mom!

PS - I've adjusted my comment settings, so if you'd like to leave a comment, I would love it if you would!

No comments: