Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Use Your Patience, Ducks!

Action photos!


Yes, her forehead looks a little weird - it's a band-aid.


T playing peek-a-boo


Today we fed the ducks in the wetlands near our house, and Kealan and I were impressed with their patience. As we rolled to our visiting spot, they came flocking over and Kealan was a bit hesitant at the number of them today. We asked them to use their patience, and they stood there so nicely, awaiting their treats! Kea tried to make sure that each one got their fair share, saying, "Here you go...here you go...". As she watched with great interest the games of chase between males and between males and females, she declared that they were playing, "Duck Tag".

Yesterday was a day full of injury at the Gardipee Hale. Tiernan pulled his drawer open into his mouth and got all bloody, G thinks he injured a rib coughing so hard with the crud that he has, and I split my toe open while giving K the Heimlich. Yes, the HEIMLICH Maneuver! Lately she's had some trouble pacing herself while eating strawberries (she loves them soooooo much). The other day one got stuck in her throat and she coughed it out of her own accord, launching it about 2 feet. Last night, she really lodged one in and I had to rip her out of her chair to do the Heimlich. I got two pumps in, and I was telling G to dial 911 when she started crying. She needed a few minutes of cuddle-time (as did Mommy), but she rebounded quite nicely, eating up the rest of her meal as usual! Apparently I hurt my toe setting her chair on it to get her out. Fun times!

No comments: