Monday, May 26, 2008

One Nation, Under God



I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day! We've been hanging out at home this weekend, basking in the beautiful sunshine and breezes. Mainly because we love it, but also because everyone is sick - AGAIN! I've had a really nasty cold for the last 3 weeks (I feel better for about a day, then get sick again), and though I tried soooooo hard not to pass it on, it looks as if I have. Every single time I so much as touched my face, I washed my hands. Needless to say, they were in bad shape - cracked and bleeding. Now both kids have something, and it appears G has what I had. NO FUN! Anyway, Tiernan has mastered pulling up and cruising, so we dropped his crib mattress down. He seems to be frustrated with this, as now he has a harder time turning his soother and mobile on. His top 4 teeth have been on the verge of breaking through for weeks now, but on Friday, his 3rd tooth broke through on the bottom - go figure!


Some funny Kealan stories the last few days:


We were trying to come up with all of the songs we could that contained the word "bubble". After G said, "Bubble, Bubble, toil and trouble", K translated this to "Bubble, Bubble, toilet trouble".


T often does everything he can to gain K's attention at the dinner table, and I mentioned to K, "He's trying to get your attention." K responded with, "Don't take away my attention, boy!"


K frequently breaks out into songs we've never heard before that she's learned in school. This weekend she surprised us with the Pledge of Allegiance! How appropriate!

No comments: