I adore the daily occurrences that reveal the emerging personalities of my kids! Of course, I am already acquainted with K's (although she still surprises me), though T's is still new to me. He is proving to be much more persistent than Kealan was at this age, as he will NOT stay out of the kitchen. When K was a baby, the rule was simply No Baby's In The Kitchen. This doesn't work with T, and he broke two dishes yesterday alone! Needless to say, I'm not happy and it looks as though I need to install cabinet locks during a week that I'm insanely busy as it is!
Funny stories from this week:
To keep my kids busy on an errand (with both in the shopping cart), K and I were talking about how yummy her and T's toes are. This evolved into a very silly discussion of how we thought T would taste yummy, and that we should have him for dinner. We decided that we should cook him in butter, and have a side of broccoli. At this point, I realized how morbid this sounded, and how we weren't being very quiet. I'm quite sure that there were some concerned shoppers around me that day!
During her bath, K was offering me some "coffee". I told her that I prefer it black, and after explaining what that meant, I asked K how she liked her coffee. After a moment of serious thought, she replied, "Pretend, pink, with extra marshmallows."
I keep forgetting to write this, but she refers to her Picture Bible that she loves read as her "God Book".
Yesterday morning T awoke earlier than usual, and G and I were having a very difficult time getting up to get him. K offered to go visit with him, and after a few minutes of visiting, he was still crying. A little voice from the monitor said, "There's an upset baby in here. Can you come help me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment