We had a pretty exciting day, here at the Gardipee Hale. It began with a visit with Grandma, or G's mom, which is always a great time. Kealan only wanted to play hide-and-seek, and Tiernan was being very coy, giving touches every now and again with a flirty smile. Later, he finally turned it on and walked! He's been flirting with the idea of walking for a little while now, though never really busted it out. He ended up practicing quite a bit today, and I'm sure he'll have it perfected very soon! I don't have any decent pics from today, only video, so I'll post some soon. And more passages today - the first day of being weaned. I'm celebrating as I type with my first drink in almost 2 1/2 years - a wide-mouth Mickey's. YUM! I have to be honest, after about 1/3 of the bottle, I was feeling a buzz, and now that I'm almost done, I'm feeling rather drunk! My typing is definitely suffering, and I don't know if I'll catch all of the typos!
Some funny stories from this week:
It must be in the genes. When K was little and eating peas, or should I say NOT eating peas, she would very deliberately "pop" each one with her fingertip. At dinner this week, Tiernan didn't eat one pea, though he managed to "pop" each one with his fingertip as well!
At the conclusion of T's meals, he tends to swipe all of the food off of his tray, much to our dismay. G commented the other day that he wasn't going to accept that kind of "garbage", followed by, "I'll put you in a bag and take you to the garage." K was disturbed by this statement, and G had to explain that he would never put T in the garbage. It has become a big joke for K, with her often exclaiming, "We're being garbage, Daddy! Take us to the garage!" Now she has a simple mantra, "No More Garbage" that we hear a lot. I can't help but wonder if she ever becomes a motivational speaker in the vein of Susan Powter ("Stop the Madness" woman from the late 80's/early 90's) if that wouldn't be her catch phrase!

These are a few of her 4th birthday pictures. Sorry about the quality - picture of a picture!

1 comment:
I love the "boy-nipple-theory." Reminds me of Tara's (age three years)theory on how we get chubby calves/legs. "Um, mommy, um first you eat your food, and eat it, and eat it, and it goes down and down to here!"
Post a Comment