Sunday, August 10, 2008

Party Girl!


Kealan's birthday is on Tuesday, though we celebrated with friends yesterday. It was her 4th Birthday Luau, and perhaps the last - she is now expressing interest in deciding her own party themes. I told her that next year she could choose whatever she wanted and that I would do my best. Who knows - she might just choose a Luau (or "Ooh-Lah Party" as K says)! I think it was a great success! Everyone seemed to have a great time, and the only tears came when it was time to leave - a good sign! I know my kids had a blast and that's the main objective.
This was the first time she blew the candles out herself (with a little help from Gibbers, of course)!

The "Roasted Pig" is a given!

Little tastes of paradise in a cupcake - that's a Swedish Fish in the "water"
Jada and Kealan

Blake and Rebecca
Dave and Chuck
Kealan and Randy doing the hula
Wyatt charming the Bubble Machine

Brent, say "cheese"!


Grady and April
That night we were off to another birthday party - my niece Mara is turning 12 this week! Yikes, where'd the time go? Needless to say, my kids were fried by the time we got home - fried, but very happy! As K and I were saying her prayers last night, she asked why her cousins live so far away (Sammamish). I answered, "Because their house is 45 minutes away." To which she replied, "I want them to be 45 minutes close, Mommy."



1 comment:

lisa said...

Sonnet, that is adorable! I LOVE the pig!

I'm impressed that you got to wait four years to pick the party theme, Kathryn planned her party when she was two...and the guest list!!! Kaelyn's been a little more easy going!
Looks like a lot of fun!