Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Your Mommy's Home!"

I came home from a meeting late last night to give Kealan a kiss goodnight, and she placed her face directly in front of mine to exclaim, "Momma, your Mommy's home!". My mom had flown in the night before, and she had stopped by for a visit while I was out. Luckily, she was still here when I got home, and apparently K was both disappointed and pleasantly surprised to open the door to her O'ma when she arrived. K thought it was me coming home, and opened it to find her O'ma, so her disappointment turned to joy!

I am going through withdrawal! The Olympics are over! I LOVE the summer Olympics, followed closely by the winter Olympics. I adore everything about them - the intense competition, the thrilling victory, the heartbreaking defeat, and the pomp and circumstance of the ceremonies themselves. I get goosebumps and tears with it all. And now they're OVER! The silver lining, of course, is that I will no longer be as sleep deprived as I was these past two weeks.

Yesterday Tiernan and I visited an allergist to see if the cause of his snoring, drooling, apnea, and general illness last year might be allergies. The Doc didn't think that it was diet-related due to the symptoms, so T was tested for molds, dust , cats, and dogs. I have been praying that he isn't allergic to cats, as our first two "babies" are Turner and Lewis. Thankfully, he's negative on all, so we'll get T tested again for more allergens in about a year due to his age. The doc did suggest that we give Nasocort a 4 week trial to see if it alleviates the snoring. If it does, we'll have more of an idea of what is causing it. We'll see!

A funny T story: Tiernan has really been into playing "phone" and holds all of our toy phones to his ear to talk. Today, while changing a messy diaper, I gave him his thermometer to keep his hands busy, and he very carefully pressed the button a few times to make it beep, then held it to his ear! The boy's a natural!

No comments: