Kealan has explained one of life's great mysteries - why males have nipples. She is aware of why she and I are both outfitted with them, but was perplexed as to why Daddy and Tiernan had them. "They can't ever breastfeed, so why are they there, Mommy?" My reply of, "We simply don't know" was not adequate in her book. She decided that it is not our bladder that relays the message of when we need to go potty, but the nipples. Whatever you say, Monks.
Tiernan and I took a little jaunt to the Doctor's on Thursday to have his weight checked, as they were concerned that he hadn't gained any weight between his last 2 visits(posted previously). Dr. Joe walked in and declared us "fixed" and to continue what we were doing. 6 weeks ago he weighed 23 pounds, 3 ounces, 32 inches long. He now weighs 24 pounds, 15 ounces, 33 1/4 inches! Back to where he should be. The next week will be a change for both of us, as he is going to be officially weaned. I'll have my body all to myself again! I haven't had caffeine or alcohol in over 2 years, so I'll be an extremely cheap date! I am having some mixed feelings, simply because T is most likely my last baby, and I'm a bit sentimental. He is more than ready though, and I am confident he won't miss it at all!
Amgen treated us well on Saturday at the Annual Family Picnic, this year at the zoo! Very fun! We took over the North Meadow and they offered many big bouncy toys, massages, face painting, henna tattoos, crafts, and up-close visits with animals. All of this with the Toucans (a steel drum band that I've loved since college) and really good food!

That afternoon, April invited us to play in the kiddie pool as it was HOT! TOO....HOT! So we had to take advantage and of course, K and Gibson had a great time. To quote my oh, so profound friend and April's husband, Gregg, "It's so hot, it's like we're in an oven. But we're not in an oven."
No comments:
Post a Comment