
A rarity - a nap!
Yay! Kealan is now enrolled in preschool! We had planned for her to be in school last fall, though potty training put that off for a little while. We checked out a school about 10 minutes away in Mill Creek and she LOVES it! She'll be in preschool (2 mornings a week) for the last few months this year, and next year she'll be in pre-k (3 mornings a week). Her room is done in a castle theme and she's super-excited about the gym and playing basketball. Her first day is next week and I'm having some pretty mixed Mommy emotions about it. I'm really psyched for her, because I know she is way beyond ready for school. I'm nervous because she will need to develop some independence on a few things, but this will be a great motivator. It's funny because Kealan is such a dichotomy - she is fiercely independent in some aspects, and so reliant in others! It boils down to this: she is now, and has been for a while, a little girl and not a baby. That fact makes me both joyous and mournful of her babyhood!
We found out this past week that Tiernan has what seems to be an allergy to sweet potatoes. Poor thing came down with a cold almost two weeks ago, and that same day was his 2nd taste of sweet potatoes. He spent several hours vomitting and we thought it had something to do with the cold and the fact that he was also choking on phlegm (lovely, huh?). My mom had brought up that he might be allergic, but I wrote it off. A week later we attempted S.P. again and that exact same thing happened. I felt horrible! G and I took turns holding him upright so when he started to urp, we could help get it out! He was SO pale and zoned-out. I had some MAJOR mommy-guilt. I have to say that I'm apprehensive about testing carrots out on him and I'm finding myself putting it off every day. Let's pray it goes well!
I need to share two quick things:
The other day when I was warning Kealan that her rest time was coming, she declared that she was not sleepy, in fact she was"wake-uppy".
Tiernan has become very good at sharing. When G and I hold him close when he has his pacifier, he takes it out and tries to put it our mouth.
Look at all of that drool!
No comments:
Post a Comment