Sunday, March 2, 2008

Barbapapa and Full-Body Hugs


I am experiencing a bit of nostalgia once again! Awhile ago I had a post about my beloved Strawberry Shortcake dolls, and this time it's Barbapapa. I LOVED Barbapapa books when I was little. A giant pink blob that sprang forth from a little French child's garden that could change into whatever shape he wanted. So rad! Unfortunately, I didn't save any of these wonderful books, and had not had any luck finding them in my adult life. Joelle to the rescue! For my shower when I was pregnant with Kealan, she gave me about 15 of them! She had spent a quite a bit of time and money hunting them down on the intertron (as it's called in our hale). I finally felt secure enough in breaking them open with K this past week (she still can't have them in her room at her disposal - I know how she treats her books!). She loves them as much as I did, and still do!

K is also really into spelling words out and is constantly practicing. While sitting on the potty the other day, she said, "puh, puh, puh, pee! Pee pee starts with P!" I've always been aware of how illogical our English language is, but it was validated when I was trying to explain to my 3-year-old why "cat" starts with C and "kitten" starts with K. Oh, well, we all had to learn!

George was so sweet that he treated me to a massage this weekend! He actually gave me a gift card for a pregnancy massage for Mother's Day last year. 10 months later I finally made it in due to his making the appointment for me. It was divine! And even made better by coming home to full-body hugs from Tiernan. This boy hugs with his entire body. He literally bear hugs me with arms, legs, and neck and squishes his body into mine - I love it!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I LOVE full body hugs!!! Those are the best!! It is the only time you can really FEEL someone (whole heartedly) give you a hug...